- San Diego is the second largest city in the state of California after Los Angeles.
- the San Diego–Tijuana conurbation is the second most populous transborder metropolitan area in the Western Hemisphere (after Detroit–Windsor)
- SAN airport is the busiest single-runway airport in the world.
- the San Ysidro Port of Entry, is the busiest international land border crossing in the world outside of Asia
Things to do
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
- La Jolla, San Diego California Temple.
- La Jolla Beach, sharks in August
- Gaslamp Quarter: a downtown neighborhood; nightlife, clubs, bars, theatres.
- Seaport Village: shopping / food.
- USS Midway Museum: a historical naval aircraft carrier museum.
- Maritime Museum of San Diego: vintage ships.
- Hornblower harbor tour
Theme parks / Zoos
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- San Diego Sea World
- LEGOLAND California, in Carlsbad, CA.
- Sesame Place San Diego
- Birch Aquarium: https://aquarium.ucsd.edu/ (Advanced reservations are required)
San Diego Balboa Park
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- Museum of Us
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Museum of Photographic Arts Vast photo collection
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- Comic-Con Museum
Coronado Island ("Coronado" means "Crowned")
- Ferries to Coronado Island https://www.flagshipsd.com/cruises/coronado-ferry
- Coronado Bridge
- Coronado Beach
- Museum of Making Music
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- Ballast Point
- Transit: MTS https://www.sdmts.com/ Trolley (3 lines) + Buses.
- Commuter Rail:
- COASTER: north-south through San Diego County, from Oceanside to Santa Fe Depot.
- SPRINTER: east-west, from Oceanside to Escondido.
- Oceanside Transit Center: a major railway interchange.
- Amtrak - Pacific Surfliner
- North bound: Orange County Line, Inland Empire–Orange County Line
- South bound: COASTER, SPRINTER
- Cross Border Xpress:
- walk to Tijuana airport.
Take Trolley from / to the airport:
- option 1: take bus 992 from / to downtown
- option 2: take rental car shuttle from / to Admiral Boland Way and Palm St stop, 1 block away from Trolley's Middletown station.
- option 3: take Flyer bus from / to old town.
Naval Base San Diego
the second largest surface ship base of the United States Navy