Las Vegas Strip
Hotels North to South
|Resorts World Las Vegas||Chinese||Genting group|
|Encore||Life Imitating Art||Wynn||2008|
|Treasure Island||Pirate / Caribbean||1993|
|Harrah's||Carnival / Mardi Gras||Caesars||1973|
|Flamingo||Art Deco / Miami||Caesars||1946|
|Caesars Palace||Roman Empire||Caesars||1966|
|Waldorf Astoria||(non-gaming, non-smoking)||Hilton||2009|
|MGM Grand||Art Deco / Hollywood||MGM||1993|
|New York-New York||New York||MGM||1997|
|Excalibur||Medieval / Europe||MGM||1990|
Aria Campus (f.k.a. CityCenter):
- Aria: resort and casino.
- Crystals: retail and entertainment.
- 2 non-gaming, non-smoking hotels: Vdara, Waldorf Astoria.
- Veer Towers: twin 37-story condominium towers.
- Aria Express: Bellagio - Crystals - Park MGM
Las Vegas Sands (NYSE: LVS)
The largest casino company worldwide.
- The Venetian: 1999-05-03
- The Palazzo: 2007-12-30
Reward: Grazie https://www.venetian.com/grazie-program.html
Other notable casinos:
- Singapore: Marina Bay Sands
- Macao: Sands Macao, Sands Cotai Central, The Venetian Macao, The Plaza Macao, Four Seasons Hotel Macao, and The Parisian Macao
CAESARS Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR)
- Harrah's Las Vegas
- Caesars Palace
- Bally's Las Vegas
- The Cromwell Las Vegas: luxury, boutique.
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- The Linq
- Paris Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Casino and Resort
Other notable casinos:
- Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino (off the strip)
- Harveys Lake Tahoe (not in Las Vegas)
Reward: Caesars Rewards: https://www.caesars.com/myrewards
Partner: Wyndham Rewards: https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/partners/wyndham_resorts
MGM (NYSE: MGM)
- CityCenter: Aria, Vdara (50% joint venture with Dubai World)
- The Mirage
- Park MGM (upper floors a boutique hotel: NoMad Las Vegas)
- MGM Grand Las Vegas
- New York-New York
- Mandalay Bay (Four Seasons occupying five floors from 35 to 39) / Delano
- Treasure Island: theme: Caribbean Pirates with the sale of TI, it is the only hotel on the strip to host a Cirque du Soleil show that is not affiliated with MGM Resorts International.
- The STRAT
- Westgate Resorts
- Sahara Las Vegas
- Cosmopolitan (owned by Blackstone, NYSE:BX, part of Marriott's Autograph Collection)
Strip Free Parking
- Wynn Las Vegas
- Treasure Island
- The STRAT Hotel
- Sahara Las Vegas
- The Palazzo and the Venetian
- Circus Circus
- Stratosphere Hotel and Casino
- Tropicana Hotel and Casino
- Resorts World
- Shops at Crystals
- The Shoppes at Mandalay Palace
- Fashion Show Mall
Book with Points
- Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
- Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo
- Waldorf Astoria
- MSG Sphere Las Vegas: open in 2023. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSG_Sphere_Las_Vegas
- Monorail: 2 new stations at Mandalay Bay and at the MSG Sphere
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas: 2023, the tallest in Las Vegas (excluding Stratosphere Tower)
- Majestic Las Vegas: a non-gaming luxury hotel, 2024, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_Las_Vegas
- All Net Resort and Arena: 2025 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Net_Resort_and_Arena
- Astral (Las Vegas) 2022
- Mirage => Hard rock
- Dream Hotel: 20-story, near the Bali Hai Golf Club and "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign. 2024.
- THE ATARI HOTEL
- The first-ever Las Vegas hotel built in partnership with Airbnb is under construction near Decatur Boulevard and Russell Road west of the Strip.
- Caesars Entertainment is rebranding Bally’s as a Horseshoe property
- Las Vegas Loop: around Las Vegas Convention Center, 2020
- Brightline West: High speed train from Los Angeles to Las Vegas
Sports and Events
- Allegiant Stadium
- what is comps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comps_(casino)
Free Things to Do
On Strip (North to South)
- Free circus at Circus Circus:
- Grand Canal (Venetian)
- Mirage Volcano
- The spectacular Volcano at The Mirage now includes two volcano systems, a lagoon and fire shooters that shoot flame on demand, more than 12 feet into the air. Fires on the hour at 7:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m. 9:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- Outside the Mirage hotel-casino located on the Strip between Flamingo and Spring Mountain Road.
- WILDLIFE HABITAT AT THE FLAMINGO
- SWAROVSKI STARBURST
- 8:55PM to 9:05PM 3641 S. Las Vegas Blvd
- three minute sound-and-light show featuring a 4,000 pound Swarovski Starburst. Measuring 14 feet in diameter, this sky-high installation is made of 900 custom-cut Swarovski crystal spheres and 1,800 points of LED light. The multicolored, continuously changing lights took 1,260 hours to create and are choreographed to sync with original music from around the globe.
- Conservatory & Botanical Gardens @ Bellagio
- Fountains of Bellagio
- Monday - Friday: There is a show every half hour from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. and every 15 minutes from 8 p.m. - midnight.
- Saturdays: The show runs every half hour from noon - 8 p.m. and every 15 minutes from 8 p.m. - midnight.
- Sundays: The show runs every 15 minutes from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. and every half hour from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE WORLD inside New York-New York
- 800 lbs. Statue of Liberty made completely out of milk chocolate
- M&M'S WORLD
- four floors of chocolate heaven
- Clark County Wetlands Park
- with a really good visitor center
- Ethel M Botanical Chocolate Factory and Cactus Garden
- see how chocolate is made, create your own box of goodies and stroll through desert life.
- THE AQUARIUM AT THE SILVERTON HOTEL
- Mermaid show and Stringray feeding.
- 3333 Blue Diamond Rd
Fremont Street Experience https://vegasexperience.com/
- ADVENTUREDOME AT CIRCUS CIRCUS
- SHARK REEF AQUARIUM at Mandalay Bay
- Located at Mandalay Bay resort-casino near the intersection of the Vegas Strip and Hacienda Avenue.
- HIGH ROLLER OBSERVATION WHEEL
- the largest observation wheel in the United States with 28 transparent pods holding 40 passengers each.
- MARVEL’S AVENGERS S.T.A.T.I.O.N. @ Treasure Island Located inside Treasure Island, above CVS on the third floor.
- MEOW WOLF'S OMEGA MART
- Prices From: $45.00
- 3215 S Rancho Dr #100, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- DISCOVERY CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
- DOWNTOWN CONTAINER PARK
- Sun - Thursday: 10:00AM to 11:00PM
- Friday,Saturday: 10:00AM to 1:00AM
- Lion Habitat Ranch https://lionhabitatranch.org/
- Springs Reserve
- AREA15: Immersive Entertainment & Events District in Vegas
- Nabe: Asian fusion, hot pot, buffet.
- Jessie Rae's BBQ
- Rainforest Cafe
- Hoover Dam (East 45 min)
- Overlook：118 Kingman Wash Access Rd, Temple Bar Marina, AZ 86443
- Red Rock Canyon (West 30min) May need reservations.
- Valley of Fire State Park (Northeast 1hr)
Las Vegas is very dry, due to Sierra Nevada.
The Colorado River flows into Lake Mead.
Southern Nevada receives 300,000 acre feet from Lake Mead. By comparison, California gets 4.4 million and Arizona 2.8 million. around 99 percent of Las Vegas’ indoor water is treated and sent back to Lake Mead. Southern Nevada then receives a return-flow credit.
Las Vegas “the most water-secure municipal area in the Colorado River Basin.”
opposes decorative grass and large pools.
The resource Nevada is most likely to run out of is power. If the water drops too low, the dam would stop producing electricity, some of which goes to Nevada.
Las Vegas feels flat but it is actually on a slope, the water will flow into lake meade