- 1819: establishment of an entrepôt in Singapore.
- 1867: under the direct control of Britain as part of the Straits Settlements.
- 1942: occupied by Japan.
- 1959: gained self-governance.
- 1963: became part of the new federation of Malaysia.
- 1965: became an independent sovereign country.
The Singapore MRT is fully automated and is the most extensive driverless rapid transit system in the world.
- MRT, Mass Rapid Transit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Rapid_Transit_(Singapore)
- 6 existing lines
- 2 future lines: Jurong Region Line, Corss Island Line
- LRT, Light Rail Transit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Rail_Transit_(Singapore)
- 3 Lines
Both are constructed and owned by the Land Transport Authority https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/map/train.html
Operators: SMRT Trains Ltd, SBS Transit Ltd.
More than 300 bus routes.
Things to do
- Universal Studio Singapore
- Marine Life Park
- Marina Bay
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore
- Gardens by the bay / Flower Dome / Cloud Forest
- China town
- Clarke Quay
- Singapore National Museum: https://www.nationalmuseum.sg/