Primary airport: PTY
Primary airline: Copa, lie flat business class (B737-9MAX) overnight to US cities
Boquete (best coffee)?
- anton valley hot springs
- coiba & cebaco islands
- embera villages
- uses USD
Panama Canal Railway: from Panama City (Corozal Passenger Station) to Colón.
Panama Metro Line 2 extension to airport expected in 2022.
Copaair can mix cabin in a round trip booking:
business from SFO/LAX to PTY but eco back
take bus C850 to amador causeway rent a bike; biomuseo
C810 to miraflores visitor center
day trip to isla taboga
Albrook mall: the largest mall in latin america; was a former US base.
- 1881: France began work on the canal.
- 1903: Panama separate from Colombia.
- 1904: The US took over the Panama canal project.
- 1914: the canal was opened.
- 1999: the canal was taken over by the Panamanian government.
- 2016: the canal got expanded.
Gatun Lake: 26 meters (85 ft) above sea level.
US controlled until 1999;
Cobre Panama—one of the world’s biggest copper mines—commenced production.
Panama has largest Chinese population in central america. The first Chinese came to Panama in the mid-1800’s to help work on the trans-Panama railroad.
Area: El Dorado.