Population: ~20 million
- New Cairo City
- New Administrative Capital
- connecting the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea
- Length: 193.3 km
- no lock systems (unlike Panama Canal)
- Suezemax: Vessels longer than 400 meters need permission, that is why the largest container ships are 399.9 m (List of largest container ships)
- New Suez Canal: opened in 2016. The expansion is expected to double the capacity of the Suez Canal from 49 to 97 ships a day.
Camp Lemonnier, a U.S. Expeditionary base, the only American base on the African continent
Eithiopia is landlocked. Seventy percent of the cargo at the port is shipped to or from Ethiopia, accounting for over 95% of Ethiopia's foreign trade.
The total railway capacity is 24.9 million tonnes of freight annually, with 6 million tonnes annually expected in 2023
Port of Doraleh to expand the cargo handling capacity from 6 to 14 million tonnes annually with the aim of reaching 10 million tonnes of cargo by 2022
East africa community
Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda
- South Sudan Joined after independence.
- DR Congo joined in 2022.
250m people in total.
Easy to travel and trade.
Official Language: Swahili, English.
- Capital: Rabat
- Largest city: Casablanca
- Primary languages: Arabic, Berber, French
Largest airports: Casablanca (CMN), Marrakesh (RAK), Fès (FEZ), Rabat (RBA), Tangier (TNG)
Sudan and South Sudan
- Sudan: 阿拉伯裔，伊斯兰教
- South Sudan: 肤色深, 基督教