Regions and Countries
- East Asia
- Southeast Asia
- South Asia
- Central Asia
- West Asia
Australasia (Australia / New Zealand), Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia.
Americas vs Latin America
Exclude Canada, USA, Belize, Guyana, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, the Bahamas, the Falklands.
Middle East vs West Asia
Middle East = West Asia - Caucasus + all Egypt Caucasus = Armenia / Azerbaijan / Georgia
Note: West Asia only includes Sinai Peninsula part of Egypt, while Middle East includes the whole Egypt.
|Papua New Guinea||Oceania||English|
- Guinea：Formerly known as French Guinea
Guinea pig：A common pet in South America.
Possible origins of the name:
- Guinea pigs likely were brought to Europe by Spanish explorers in the 1500s. Around this time, the word guinea was sometimes used to describe things that were far across the sea
- perhaps ports in either Guiana in South America or Guinea in Africa might have inspired the guinea portion of the name. Guinea pigs likely traveled to Europe on ships stopping at such ports.
North America Deserts
North America has four major deserts: Great Basin, Mohave, Chihuahuan and Sonoran.
- The Great Basin Desert: both the highest-elevation and northernmost of the four and has very cold winters.
- Though the Chihuahuan Desert is the southernmost, it lies at a fairly high elevation and is not protected by any barrier from arctic air masses, so hard winter freezes are common.