Taylor Cub (1930) => Taylor J-2 Cub (1935) => Piper J-3 Cub (1938) => PA-11 Cub Special (1947) => Piper PA-18 Super Cub (1949) => CubCrafter / Aviate Husky etc.
Taylor E-2 Cub / J-2
Taylor E-2 Cub was introduced in 1930.
The Taylor J-2 was the final iteration of the Cub series under the Taylor name, before the company renamed itself to Piper Aircraft in November 1937.
Piper J-3 Cub
Built between 1938 and 1947 by Piper Aircraft. Open-cowl, exposed cylinders (you can see the engines from the outside).
Clipped Wings: This Cub version is smaller in span, with the original ailerons reaching nearly to the fuselage, giving a remarkable increase in roll rate and authority. The smaller aft lift strut is replaced with a larger-sized and stronger front strut.
Piper J-5 Cub Cruiser
A larger, more powerful version of the basic Piper J-3 Cub. Engine cowling fully enclosed.
Piper PA-11 Cub Special
Based on J-3 but with the engine cowling fully enclosed. Introduced in 1947.
Piper PA-18 Super Cub
Introduced in 1949, developed from the PA-11 Cub Special.
The Piper Super Cub has been considered by many to be the ultimate backcountry airplane.
- XCub (2016) / NXCub (N for Nosewheel, 2020): developed from Carbon Cub.
- Engine: IO390, also used in Cirrus SR20,Tecnam P2010.
- More powerful / faster than Carbon Cub (Carbon Club is a LSA).
- A new airframe different from the classic design (TopCub); available after 2016, now the flagship type of CubCrafters.
- TopCub: classic PA-18 Super Cub design.
- Carbon Cub SS (production Light Sport Aircraft, 2007),
- Carbon Cub FX (Builder Assist / Experimental Amateur Built (E-AB))
- Carbon Cub EX (aircraft kit)
Zlin / Savage
Zlin: Czech. Located at the Zlín Airfield on the outskirts of Otrokovice. https://www.zlinaero.com/
Savage: Refined STOL aircraft from Zlin Aviation. https://savage.aero/
- Shock Ultra: "ultra" for "Ultralight", empty weight from 340 kg, MTOW 1,322 lbs (600 kg).
- Shock Cub: empty weight from 390 kg, MTOW 1,322 lbs (600 kg).
- Savage Cub: MTOW 1,234 lbs (560 kg)
- Savage Bobber
- Savage Cruiser
- Savage Norden
- Aviat Husky: https://aviataircraft.com/, marketed as "America’s Favorite Taildragger."